vWorkApp now integrates with TomTom and Google’s navigation apps to provide ‘turn-by-turn’ navigation. If you haven’t heard of turn-by-turn navigation, it’s a map with voice instructions that guides you to an address (e.g. think these things).
The great thing about this for vWorkApp’s customers is that you now get this functionality right from your work schedule, and without needing to buy any extra hardware.
To access turn-by-turn navigation:
On the iPhone:
- On the iPhone, open vWorkApp, and select a job.
- Go to the map tab, and tap a step shown on the map.
- Click the button that appears above the step. Turn-by-turn navigation is then launched to guide you to that address. Depending on whether you have TomTom’s app installed or not, you’ll either see a TomTom logo, or a Google logo.
If you have TomTom’s navigation app installed (available from the appstore for $39.99 USD), then you get full voice-over, turn-by-turn, directions to the address. If you don’t, then you get the iPhone’s built-in version, which still provides directions, but no voice-over.
- On Android, open vWorkApp, and select a job.
- Goto to the map tab, and tap a step shown on the map.
- Click the “Navigate here…” link that appears above the step. This launches Android’s built-in navigation app.
We hope you enjoy this feature. If you have any questions or need some help with it, don’t hesitate to get in touch