This morning we released vWorkApp 4.12.2, here is a summary of all the changes:
Real Time Job Status
The top half of the panel shows you how many jobs have been updated in the last 24 hours. This allows you to see how many jobs have been completed, how many are in progress and how many haven’t been started yet. If you have accept and decline jobs turned on, it will also show you if you have any declined jobs that you need to re-assign to a worker.
By default this data is for all of your workers for the last 24 hours. However, if you select a worker on the map or from the search results, this panel will update to show only the jobs for the selected worker. (You can also choose a different time frame from the pull down menu.)
Below this panel we now display a list of the most recent job updates, including their current status, who they are assigned to and how long ago they were updated.
New Push Notifications
We have now added push notifications to alert mobile workers that a job has been removed from their schedule by a dispatcher. We have also added push notifications to mobile workers for when a dispatcher manually steps a job forwards or backwards.
Live Google Traffic Reporting
You may have noticed in our last release that we have grouped all of the map view options under a new menu on the map page called “View”. Today we have added a new view option under this menu. It is now possible to turn on “Traffic” from the “View” menu.
This will display the latest Google Traffic conditions for major roads. Google Traffic is available throughout most of the world, but not everywhere. If you would like to check and see if Google Traffic is available for your area, you can do so here: http://maps.google.com/?layer=t
Tweaks, Bugs and Minor Improvements
As well as these new features we have also been working on lots of small tweaks and bug fixes, these include:
- This release converts two more sections from Flash to HTML. The Admin/Settings page as well as the Admin/Customers pages are now HTML and usable from either iPads or Android tablets. (Only two more pages to go now!)
- We now show the date as well as the time on job and step flyouts on the map.
- Customer name and Template name are now displayed for jobs in search results on the map.
- Clicking the job icon on the maps no longer deselect the worker.
- We now display jobs, workers and customers in the map search results even if we don’t have a known location for them. These results are labeled “Location Unknown” and are not clickable.
- It is now possible to email a Job Sheet report if you are still using Internet Explorer.
- It is now possible to download large Job Receipts as PDFs.
- Step icons on the map now show the actual completed time rather than the completed time of the 1st step.
- Unassigned jobs now show on the map even if the 1st step location is blank.
- Worker’s current speed on the map now displays in MPH or KPH depending on what country you are in.
- And a number of behind the scenes improvements aimed at increasing performance for accounts with large numbers of jobs.
All of these updates have already been made to the vWorkApp website, please let us know if you run into any problems.