Business Development Rockstar
What are We Looking For?
Are you passionate about helping companies become more customer centric? Have you got proven ability to help organisations lift their efficiency through innovative software? Do you have a great network that you have have built up because people trust you to deliver? Do you want to be part of a growing New Zealand company that's passionate about on-demand web services?
If you answered 'yes!' and want to join a colourful bunch of technologists who work hard and play hard, then we've got the job for you. vWork is looking for a business development manager who will help contribute to vWork's growth by actively identifying, engaging and converting companies who use mobile workforces.
The chances are you will have had previous commercial and business development roles in technology companies. You don't need to be a geek but it would be useful to know your Android from your IOS, and your cloud from your fat app. You are also likely to have high level networks in industries that harness mobile workforces. This could include local government, telecommunications, or on-demand industries.
The role will involve managing new business activities across vertical markets, as well as selected government clients. Sometimes you will be provided senior level prospects and it will be your job to convert them and get them live, but equally you will be expected to bring a senior level network that you are able to exploit and convert.
You need to be experienced at implementing a structured sales process and undertaking sales generation activities including actively running a pipeline.
Ideally, you will also possess a mix of the following skills:
- Proven experience identifying and converting new business opportunities in the enterprise marketplace.
- Proven ability to quickly develop strong technical product knowledge
- Strong sales disciplines and strong hunter orientation. Must be entirely confident in a new business sales position.
- Successful experience selling to C-Suite Executives.
- High level relationship development and rapport building skills, including advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel nationally and periodic ability to travel offshore.
We are looking for a rockstar BDM with an enthusiastic approach…someone who has a hunger to make an impact and is confident in actively driving new business opportunities at a senior level and a track record of doing just that.
This role reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer. You will be joining a small but fast growing team where proactivity and flexibility are key, not to mention a great sense of humour.
Where to From Here?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Rockstar BDM' in the subject line and in your covering note telling us in 200 words or less how 'on-demand' is changing the service marketplace. Applicants must be NZ Citizens or Residents.
Ruby on Rails Developer
What are We Looking For?
A Ruby on Rails developer with at least a few years experience working in a fast moving, commercial, Agile environment.
- React/React Native
You will apply your Ruby experience and UX skills to develop and deliver software solutions in a lean, agile and evolutionary process, with a focus on early delivery and continuous improvement.
You will be comfortable working in collaborative, cross-functional and self-managing teams of extremely capable developers, where your judgement, opinion and insights will be required to ensure continuous improvement is possible.
Ideally, you will possess a mix of the following skills:
- Minimum of 3 year work experience developing scalable high-performance web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with JS front end frameworks (React, AngularJS, EmberJS)
- Proven experience in developing commercial applications including front end projects
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Good understanding of web applications (JSON, XML, REST API) --Ability to develop APIs is big plus
- Extensive experience optimising code for application performance
- An interest in using a test driven and code review development process
- Can design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Experience working on a large code bases / high traffic sites a bonus
- While this is not a DevOps role, any experience you possess in this area would be a bonus.
You'll be joining an already high performing team who are full of talented IT professionals who are dedicated to their craft. We are focused on solving hard engineering problems and providing solutions that delight our customers.
Where to From Here?
Please email your CV to email@example.com