18 December 2015
Good news! We have just updated the vWork Customer Portal with lots of new features and improvements.
Our customer portal has helped many businesses by putting the power into the customer’s hands, so they can book their own jobs in vWork. Now we have taken that a step further with the ability to track and alert on their jobs, plus adding many more features making the self service experience a delight, with minimal effort for your business.
What have we just updated ?
- The look and feel of the portal has been improved to make it more useable on mobile devices. Great as the world’s customers shift to booking from their phones.
- Your customers will now be able to add a requested start time when creating a job. If they do, the job will appear on your dispatch schedule in the workbench. It is then up to your dispatchers to decide who can do that job and when.
- Your customers will now be able to search for specific jobs. This makes it much easier for your returning customers.
- There has been a help section added to assist new portal users.
- You can now give customers the ability to see their jobs on a map (and if a worker is on the way, they can see the worker’s location as well). This is true real time job tracking. No more calls about how far away is the worker.
- You can now setup your portal so that customers can view, download and print their invoices. This takes even one more step out of the already streamlined billing process.
- You can enable portal job alerts so that customers can choose to subscribe to email or SMS alerts for jobs being scheduled, jobs starting and jobs finishing. Once again your customer can choose the level of detail they need about the job.
- You can setup your portal to reflect your preset business hours when customers are requesting a start time. This way you can choose to only have jobs booked when your workers are available.
- You can now setup your portal as a “private”portal so that only users you invite can login.
- Finally, you can now setup your users so that they can only see the templates relevant to them. This gives you even more granular permissions that you can set, tailoring the experience for your different customers and their needs.
With these new portal features, the admin overhead of organising multiple jobs just got a lot smaller.
If you are already using our portal for your customers we encourage you to open up some of these new features and let your customers know that they have ultimate control over the work they need plus the flow of information around that work.
If you are not using the portal jump into your settings and turn it on today, this means less work and more free time for your business so you can concentrate on growing and improving.